REGARDING EDUCATION PROGRAM
In the 2020-2021 school year, Edison Schools are open for enrollment in Standard English Program and American Bilingual Program from Grade 1 to 11. The two systems differ in the number of students per class, the English language program and tuition:
- In the Standard English Program, the maximum number of students is 35 students per class. There are 10 English lessons per week with 50% of the time taught by foreign teachers. The English as a Second Language program (ESL) is designed according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), aiming to help students to achieve IELTS 6.5.
- In the American Bilingual Program, the maximum number of students per class is 28 students. There are 16 English lessons per week with 63% of the time taught by foreign teachers. In this program, in addition to the ESL Program according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), students also study English as a Native Language (ENL), American Math Program (American Maths) and Science Program in English (English for Science). These are programs built and developed on the basis of the Common American Program Framework (Common Core), aiming at the goal that students reach the language proficiency and competency to attend prestigious international or national universities.
After each school year, Students and Parents can register to move from Standard English Program to American Bilingual Program and vice versa based on academic ability and the needs of students and families.
- Assessing Student's Registration form (as per the Edison Schools form).
- Interviewing students for student’s capabilities, personality, needs, and academic goals.
- Interviewing parent(s) for family educational goals and orientations.
- Diagnostic assessments
- Grade 1:
- Assessment on cognitive ability, thinking skills, memorization, language skills, motor skills, social interactional skills, … through a series of interactive activitities.
- Grade 2-11: Interviews for student’s characteristics, personality, interests, aspirations and Written assessment on 3 subjects: Mathematics, Vietnamese (Literature) and English.
- Standard English Program: English assessment (written only) for reference.
- American Bilingual Program: English assessment (both writing and speaking).
REGARDING FEES & PREFERENTIAL POLICIES
Please see information at https://edisonschools.edu.vn/en/scholarship-policies/